Wonders of Turkey - Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Wonders Of Turkey – Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Gifted with natural and ancient wonders, discover Turkey’s finest gems including Göreme, the white terraces of Pamukkale and Ephesus, dating back to the 10th century B.C.
- Istanbul: Enjoy getting to know your fellow travellers as you savour a delicious Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant.
- Pamukkale: Head to a local organic farm where you will be treated to a Farm-to-Table lunch, made with the fresh local produce.
- Cappadocia: Discover the flavours of Cappadocia as you indulge in a regional dinner of colourful dishes, before watching a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Cappadocia: Join a Cappadocian local, who has lived in the city for decades and take a tour of their cave house, where you’ll learn more about their unique way of life.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the passing scenery as you travel past the Sea of Marmara, Peninusula of Gelibolu, Maeander River Valley and Urgup.
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Troy: Visit this ancient sight fabled to have been destroyed over love and view the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
- Izmir: Explore this city with your Travel Director.
- Selcuk: Visit the Archaeological museum housing many of the artefacts from Ephesus.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world’s finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading Cotton Castle of milky white travertine pools and the ancient ruin of Hierapolis.
- Konya: Accompanied by your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Goreme : With your Local Expert, explore the underground cities, rock-cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
- Ozkonak : Visit the narrow passages and interconnecting rooms of this Stone Age underground city dug out from the hills and built to block invaders and defend against attacks.
- Avanos: Learn about pottery making.
- Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Istanbul: With a Local Expert visit the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia museum and gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom
- Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Complimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations
Welcome to Istanbul
Gallipoli and Anzac Cove
Troy, Pergamon and Izmir
Ancient Ephesus and Kusadasi
The Pools of Pamukkale
Konya, the Whirling Dervishes and Cappadocia
The Underground Cities of Cappadocia Experience
Istanbul & the Ottoman Empire